Saturday December 12th
Making a language
I took a class
- I took a class taught by this amazing software engineer and linguist where we made a language in six weeks.
- Then, we presented our translation of the same poem based on the language by reading it if we wanted.
- Mine is inspired by Hindi and Armenian and is VSO. Other VSO languages are Irish, Mayan and some other Polynesian languages. I haven’t come up with a name for the language yet.
- I wanted to make a language for a game I’m making (along with some game art). Don’t tease my geekiness lol.
- This was such a fun class!! I loved it!!! I’m also taking an Esoteric Programming languages class and one in Ostromian Economics in 2021.
On a hill, a sheep that did not have wool saw horses. kŋ <ng> kaa tshaa-ŋ-aŋ tsaani tschaa saat-o kaabkh-i One horse pulled a heavy wagon. ŋ <ng> tsc aa-o u-ŋ kaabkh tschgaa One horse carried a big load. ŋ <ng> tsc aa-o u-ŋ aa-tng-ak vtkaa zaa-k One horse carried a person. ŋ <ng> tsc aa-o u-ŋ aa-tng-ak pvkka The sheep said to the horses: kah-ao (pl) tschaak a-k kaabkh-i “I grieve when I see a person who drives horses.” ŋ <ng> ŋklhhh saat-ak brt-ŋ kaabkh(-an)-i pvkka The horses said: kaa-o kaabkh(-an)-i We grieve when we see this: ŋ <ng>-o ŋklhhh saat-o "A person takes the wool of the sheep and makes a warm garment with it. trrda pvkka tschaa-tsaani t-a-k-b-r̥ kvtaa ŋ-ts-z-a tshaa And the sheep does not have wool." tsaani tschaa aa-tk ŋ-aŋ When the sheep heard this, it fled into the plain. ŋ-k-lhhh tch-aa-r̥-tch-o kah-ao (pl) ŋ rrh udvnn ŋ <ng> khh
Written on December 12, 2020