Saturday September 16th
Green Card Approved
- I got home today after working on some C programmes. I have some crypto programmes to do. Saw two envelopes in my mailbox.
- First thought was “What does USCIS want…?”. Then I felt something like a bank card, and opened up the envelopes, and one of them said “Welcome to America”!
- It’s pretty exciting stuff! It’s been a long time coming for me. I think one of these days, I could even write a book. It’s been a crazy, wild experience.
What this means
- I have more freedom to travel
- I can get a cheaper rate on my classes (currently paying as an international student!)
- I can work with any company within the next few months
- I can now officially intern with NASA, as long as they accept me (not all facilities, but certainly JPL).
Obligatory Slack Photo :)
The people at FP chat are like family to me. I was telling my mom that they’re like my big brothers!
Speaking of brothers…I can also now visit my brother in the UK. Of course, it will take a few months, but it’s certainly doable now!
Things coming up
- Going sailing (today). It’s a day sail. I also have a race coming up (next week Sunday)
- Do some C (this is helping me understand C++)
- Finish up Nanodegree
And..that’s about it!