Tuesday August 3rd
RLOS Week 12, Moar presentations, papers
- It’s that time! The wrap up and presentation. I completed my presentation today, and am relieved because I have two more to go, and a paper to submit.
- So I’m looking forward to the next task at hand.
The Blockchain Boot Camp
- As it turns out, our team was one of the top four (in no particular order) teams! We put in an exceptional amount of work, so that was such a delight to hear. My first blockchain “hackathon”, too! Amazing! I’d definitely love to continue working with that group, as the details of the work are very tied towards published work (in particular, at least two papers that have already been published, with work ongoing). And the whole event was just so much fun!
- It was also my first time seeing Vitalik from Eth talk, which was awesome. I didn’t know too much about him besides some of his blog posts, but was really impressed hearing him speak at the camp. There were so many memes that week.
When this is all over
- When this is all over, what am I going to do with the extra time? Well, to be honest, I have a bunch of books I’d like to dig into, that relate to the work I’m doing, in terms of foundational knowledge. So I’m excited to get to that. I’m also excited to take some real time off for self-care.
- The idea of vacation has also popped up, since it seems like many people in my lab are doing this over summer, and I haven’t had one since 2017 and miss my family. So that might be my next big plan. Okay, not going to lie, I miss the food a lot, too.
- Recruitment has started, and I am already swamped. I have to think about some stuff with regards to this season, that I’m not sure about yet.
- I’m looking forward to some events from some companies, particularly these two that are having research events (one of which is this week)! So that’s pretty awesome.
- I’d really like a day that is schedule-obligation-free. That would be really nice.
Here are my slides
- I also did a 3 minute and 26 second demo. I’m thinking they may upload the videos and all that. I have officially given my first final project talk at MSR.
- From Smol wonts to big brain Science dreams. :)
- Oh snap one of the slides is revealing the things I didn’t say openly on this blog before. Welp.
- I got a heated blanket! It’s one of the best purchases (don’t tell the washer and dryer); I can’t wait to try it out over winter.
- Now if only I can get a heated bubble for winter that just makes me feel like I’m indoors constantly during winter!
And that’s it!
Written on August 3, 2021