Wednesday May 30th
GSoC and RustReach Day 17
Had a Meeting with my GSoC mentors
- They were saying that since I’m becoming comfortable with the process thus far, it’s a good time to jump into the next part. It’s overwhelming but I have 100% trust in both of them. They’ve really helped me so much!
Today at my PT
- Some of us were talking and one guy was saying he took the gig because he couldn’t find anything else, and that it’s a start into tech for him. And he mentioned “until you get to that 100K job”. I thought about it and honestly, I’d really, really be happy with a Haskell job. That’s all I want. My plan is to keep trying to do Haskell stuff until I’m good enough to be hired. I can’t say I can think of anything else off the top of my head that would make me happier. I’ve really really enjoyed learning and working in Haskell. I rush home to work on Haskell. I think about it all day at work.
- I’d be happy working stuff like my PT gig and just hustling in Haskell until I get that gig. Or just doing Haskell internships and stuff until then. So maybe I’ll do that. Or do a PhD programme that focuses on Haskell. That would be pretty sweet. Five plus years of Haskell with a good instructor doing research? Sign me up! Over summer and winter breaks, I’d do Haskell work, too!
In the mornings, though..I do Rust :D
- I’m on chapter 12! Hey hey! It’s fun, and I feel like I have a much better handle on things. The errors make a lot more sense. I’m excited for our next meeting.
- I’m giving a tech talk! :D I’m excited about that, too.
I could not have imagined
- About a month and a half ago, I was filled with anxiety and trepidation. Right now, I feel like I’m in great hands, and I’m really grateful for the opportunity. But with each month (as we’re almost in June), I feel a bit bittersweet about the fact that it’s one month closer to the end. I’ve been enjoying this so much. I could not have asked for a better summer, and it hasn’t even begun yet!
Written on May 30, 2018