Wednesday September 21st
Sailing practice and upcoming
Got my gloves!
Wohoo! My sailing gloves arrived in the mail last night. Got them when I got home last night (about to to midnight..argh. Blargy train schedule!)
So heading over there to do some practice and figure out where I’ll be on Sunday and all that.
Got a lot going on
- I have a C++ assignment to do by Oct 3rd
- A solution to upload that is a mini-version of that
- Finish up lectures for Nanodegree by Oct 1st, so I have 1 month for the final project
- Stick with going through Haskell lessons on Mondays (usually takes up most of the day)
- Find a way to continue doing some C (probably once the Nanodegree is done; will be a natural complement to C++… uh..I hope :P )
Been a bit busy
I’ve been hearing from recruiters once a day, so been following up with some
Also filling out some applications for some other stuff
I have a habit of putting some of my kata solutions on old posts (which I did for my previous post), so some of the ones I worked on the last couple of days on there
Oh, and I joined a PureScript group!
Upcoming things I’d like to read
- How garbage collectors work and the mark-sweep algorithm. I’d like to learn about the algorithms and data structures used. There’s a guy in our FP chat group who implemented his own from scratch, which is amazeballs! A lot of it is in C, so that’s perfect, considering I’m learning a bit of C. I’m not anywhere near that level, so I just want to understand it on a theoretical level.
- That’s about it for now, or at least as much as I’m willing to share :)